Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, and Audi announced details of their Takata inflator recalls, and the campaigns affect nearly 1.7 million vehicles in the US.
Audi Q5 Recalls
Audi is recalling certain 2012 Q5 models for sunroof panels that may break in extremely cold temperatures. All told, 13,172 units manufactured between June 21, 2011 and December 9, 2011 are included in the campaign. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the breaking glass could injure the vehicle's occupants, increasing driver distraction and potentially causing an accident. It's unclear whether the defect has caused any injuries or crashes at this point.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.