Please read these terms below before submitting any content to Autoblog or allowing us to use your content. By submitting content to Autoblog or allowing us to use your content, you agree to the terms set out below, which may be updated from time to time. They have the same effect as an agreement in writing.
Thank you for your interest and participation in Autoblog's Transmission Program (the "Program").
HOW IT WORKS
- You must be 16 years old or older.
- You are independent. By participating in the Program you are not an employee of Autoblog, or its affiliates. You agree that you are not entitled to, and don't expect any wages, benefits or any form of compensation for your participation in the Program. You also agree that by participating you are not eligible for any employee benefit plans or programs. You must obtain and pay for your own computer, Internet access, third-party clearances and licenses and everything else you need to participate in the Program. You cannot hold yourself out as our agent or representative or attempt to bind us to any obligations. You will not be entitled to a job at any point due to your participation in the Program. You acknowledge and agree that you will not represent yourself as being from or with Autoblog (including without limitation to other media outlets, auto manufacturers, or at events and conferences).
- What do I get out of this? Autoblog provides a forum with a large, relevant audience for you to share your unique content. Autoblog may provide promotion of your content. Promotion will be at the sole discretion of Autoblog and may include such platforms as popular social networks (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, etc.), the Autoblog homepage and/or the Autoblog Newsletter. You will not be paid for our use of your content.
- Limited Exclusivity and Perpetual License. You own your content, but you are giving us the right to use it. You own the copyright to your content however you give Autoblog a six (6) month exclusive right to the content which shall commence from the first day of publication by Autoblog (the "Exclusivity Period"). During the Exclusivity Period, you are free to post such content on your own personal websites and social accounts, and after the Exclusivity Period you are free to license the content to other third parties. By submitting any content to, or otherwise permitting use of your content by Autoblog (including text, videos, photographs or audio materials), you grant Autoblog a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license to exercise all rights with respect to such content, including without limitation all rights under copyright law, which Autoblog may use (including editing of your video into clips and including in a mashup or GIF or meme), publish and distribute (along with your name/handle, when feasible) on its websites and other properties and those of its affiliates and business partners, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes, online or offline, in any medium and mode of delivery.
- Your content. You represent to us that any text, photos, videos, audio and any other content you submit or contribute (1) is your original content or properly licensed content that you have the express right and permission to license to us and our partners, (2) does not infringe or violate any law, rule or regulation or the rights or intellectual property rights of any person or entity (or encourage anyone else to do so), (3) is not objectionable, inaccurate or inflammatory, (4) is not obscene, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, (5) is not an advertisement or solicitation of business or contributions, (6) is not otherwise against the interests of Autoblog or our users as a whole, and (7) is not licensed to any third party during the Exclusivity Period. We have the right (but not the obligation) to remove any or all of your content that fails to comply with the foregoing, and to terminate your participation in the Program, or for any other reason, without notice to you.
You confirm that your content contains only (i) photos/videos you have taken or have permission to use, or (ii) pictures/videos of other people, brands, or products for which you have permission.
You confirm your content does not contain (i) brand/product logos in ways that cause the appearance of endorsement, sponsorship, or other affiliation with the brand owner that does not exist or (ii) music unless it's your own composition and playing.
- We may be required to provide information about you. You agree that if Autoblog is legally required to disclose information that we have about you (including your IP address and location, name and user name), we may do so, without notice to you.
- Complaints and Inquiries/Choice of law. If you violate any of the terms of the Program, or we receive an inquiry or complaint about your participation, you agree that you are responsible for your submissions, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Autoblog and its affiliates for all resulting claims and liabilities. This agreement is governed by New York law, and if we have a dispute about it, or about any content that you submit or contribute to us, the dispute will be resolved only in the courts of New York. We may provide you notices about the Program and these terms by e-mail. These terms make up the entire agreement between you and us and cannot be changed unless we agree to it in writing.
- No guarantees. The Autoblog Transmission Program provides a forum for your ideas and expression, but is made available to you "as is" without guarantee of any results based upon the publication of your content, is subject to changes and could temporarily or permanently be suspended without notice to you, and without guarantee that it will operate free of errors, viruses, bugs or service breakdowns. We do not guarantee that your participation will fulfill any requirements you expect from the Program.