Tokyo cops now have three Nissan 370Z Nismo patrol cars
It's not the first time that the Fairlady Z (as the model is known domestically) has served as a police car in Japan. Skyline GT-R-powered versions of the Z432 were used in the 1970s, as was the model we knew as the 300ZX in the 1990s. But these latest additions to the Tokyo police motor pool ought to outrun them all – even if they end up used mostly for promotional purposes.
The 370Z isn't even the most performance-focused piece of kit we've seen joining police motor pools around the world, though. Police in Australia recently acquired a Lexus RC F. Italian police have Lamborghinis and Alfa Romeos at their disposal. And officials in the United Arab Emirates use even more exotic machinery.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models