French authorities raid Peugeot's offices during emissions probe
France's General Directorate for Competition Policy, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Control orchestrated the raid. Further details were not immediately available, but PSA says its BlueHDi technology that employs an after-treatment system is effective, and that it has been in use in all of the manufacturer's Euro 6 vehicles since late 2013.
A similar raid took place at Mitsubishi's Japan offices earlier this week following the news of fuel economy falsification on Mitsubishi city cars. Meanwhile, Volkswagen reached a tentative agreement with US authorities regarding its use of defeat devices in some of its diesel powered cars.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models