Oregon fights distracted driving with 40 unmarked police cruisers
According to the Centers for Disease Control, over 3,100 people were killed and 424,000 injured in distracted driving-related incidents in 2013. Oregon Live says 1,500 people were convicted for cell phone use while driving in that state, while traffic deaths jumped 27 percent last year. Oregon doesn't seem to have targeted any specific reduction in that last stat, but it's likely an extra 40 cruisers dedicated to preventing distracted driving will reverse that increase.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models