Chevy wings toward a new Camaro Z/28
According to our spies, the Z/28 appears to use the widebody kit and lower side sills from the ZL1. Shots from GM's test track also show a large center intake in front and a higher wing at the rear. The big spoiler isn't present on the cars on the street. It's possible Chevy might be developing a wilder Z/28 for customers that plan to track their cars extensively. Conversely, the company could just be evaluating different looks during testing. Chevy even has camouflage to hide the wheels, but if you look closely at the centers, you can see the split-spoke design.
There's no official word on the Z/28's engine. We expect Chevy to keep it lightweight and naturally aspirated. Meanwhile, the new ZL1 gets to remain the supercharged entry in the Camaro lineup.
Chevy Camaro Information
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies