Tesla reportedly taps LG to make the Model 3's giant display
The news is big for LG, too. Most of its display business is tied up in mobile, PCs and TVs, where it's hard to stand out. Seemingly everyone has a quad HD phone screen or a 4K TV set, after all. A partnership with Tesla gives LG a better chance at diving into the world of automotive displays, where there's less cutthroat competition and more profit.
This article by Jon Fingas originally ran on Engadget, the definitive guide to this connected life.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies