The package is available on coupes and convertibles with the 2SS trim or the 2LT – where it also includes the RS Appearance Package. All of them come in Nightfall Gray Metallic, which accentuates the sixth-gen's sharper lines, and droptop models have a black roof. Orange stripes on the hood and a matching shade for the brake calipers add some extra color to the dark appearance. The special vehicles wear a front splitter and a mesh grille, which has satin chrome trim. Twenty-inch wheels with 50th anniversary center caps advertise the pony car's birthday, and new badges also get that message across.
Inside, these models have a black leather interior with suede inserts and orange stitching. There are also 50th Anniversary logos on the instrument panel, seatbacks, steering wheel, and illuminated sill plates.
The package's combination of tweaks creates quite a handsome Camaro, and the 50th Anniversary model goes on sale this summer. GM spokesperson Tara Kuhnen told Autoblog, "Pricing won't be announced until a later date."
On September 26, 1966, Chevrolet introduced the world to Camaro. And for millions of people, it was love at first sight. People have written songs about it, made movies starring it and told numerous Camaro stories in the years since. So to celebrate the 50th anniversary of one of history's most epic cars, we created the most epic Camaro yet.
Why Stop at Legendary?
The 50th Anniversary Edition honors the distinctive looks and performance that have always set the Camaro apart. It is available in both Coupe and Convertible 2LT and 2SS models. Other features include:
- Nightfall Gray Metallic exterior (Convertible models include a Black top)
- Specific 20-inch 50th Anniversary wheels1 and wheel center caps
- 2LT includes RS Appearance Package
- Specific 50th Anniversary stripe package and exterior badges
- Unique grille with satin chrome accents
- Body-colored front splitter
- Orange brake calipers (front only on LT)
- Unique Black leather interior with suede inserts and orange accent stitching
- Distinct 50th Anniversary treatments on instrument panel, seatbacks, steering wheel and illuminated sill plates