VW's next big EV plan? Flat batteries
VW's shift to a flat battery pack will likely have a future with the MEB architecture announced in October, which will serve a multi-brand series of compact passenger and commercial EVs with ranges between 155 and 311 miles. Back in April the automaker revealed it was working on a retro-inspired electric camper van, and the flat battery pack might make an appearance in the aforementioned architecture when the concept is shown off at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show.
We'll definitely be watching. It's a safe bet the company is going full-on with new initiatives, its global sales set to drop year-on-year for the first time in 11 years.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video