2016 Audi R18 whooshes around Sebring to test for WEC
Like previous iterations of Audi's diesel-fueled racers, the latest R18 is quiet around the track. It seems to sneak up on corners with just a whoosh and a whir from the powertrain. The updated design also looks a lot better in motion than in static photos. Audi had a rough time in the 2015 FIA World Endurance Championship after losing to rival Porsche both at Le Mans during the summer and in the manufacturers' standings at the end of the year.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies