Texas officer rescues driver from burning car
Police say a vehicle driven by 21-year-old Jose Izquierdo went out of control last Saturday, hit a tree and caught fire. The video shows Marty driving up, running from her patrol car and trying to extract the driver.
Two Texas A&M University transportation services workers stopped to help. One worker had a sledgehammer and tried to break a back window amid the flames. Another man happened by and with the officer and the others pulled Izquierdo through the driver's window.
The Associated Press contributed to this post.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies