Apple thought about making a car back in 2008
Executives had been floating the idea even before Fadell and Jobs talked, but the chats suggest that Jobs was fond of the idea – it was just a matter of diving in when Apple and the market were ready. As it stands, many of the ingredients needed for a suitably tech-savvy car weren't in place yet. Electric cars still had poor range, infotainment systems didn't talk to your smartphone and autonomous driving features barely existed. Assuming Apple does release a car in 2019, it's more likely to meet lofty expectations.
This article by Jon Fingas originally ran on Engadget, the definitive guide to this connected life.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models