Most outrageous is the concept based on the Mirai. The already futuristic fuel cell vehicle has been decked out in collaboration with MV Designz to look like Doc Brown's time machine. It comes complete with two gullwing doors, an air suspension, 19-inch wheels, blue LED lighting, brushed aluminum paint, head-up display... the works. It even has a faux Flux capacitor in the back, a Mr Trash machine that pops out the trunk, and "OUTATIME" California plates.
The Japanese automaker also recently released a 2016 Tacoma truck tricked out to look like the one Marty McFly lusted after in the films. That means a black paintjob, loads of KC auxiliary lighting, knobby off-road tires, tubular bumpers, mud flaps, and special badging. Between the Tacoma and the Mirai time machine concept, there'll be plenty for nostalgic fans to check out at the tuner expo in Las Vegas this week.
Fresh Off Its Back to the Future Day Debut, Modified Mirai Visits Vegas
TORRANCE, Calif., Nov. 3, 2015—This fuel cell vehicle looks ready for the fourth dimension. Toyota will bring its exclusive Back to the Future-inspired Mirai to the 2015 SEMA Show in Las Vegas November 3-6, with added features to impress visitors. MV Designz helped Toyota re-imagine Doc Brown's time machine for today's adventurers, complete with gullwing doors and a heads-up display of the time-traveling destination.
Drawing on Back to the Future movie magic and modern-day specialty design, the 2016 Mirai "time machine" features a number of modifications:
- Conversion from four-door to two-door coupe body style
- Gullwing doors
- Custom 19-inch "Infinity" LED wheels and tires
- Custom air-ride suspension
- Blue LED lighting throughout vehicle
- Custom brushed-aluminum paint
- Heads-up destination clock display
- Integrated tablet replacing original equipment head unit
- Flux capacitor housed in a custom center console
TOYOTA REIMAGINES MARTY MCFLY'S DREAM TRUCK WITH 2016 TACOMA
Menacing Movie-Inspired Tacoma Hits the SEMA Show in Las Vegas
TORRANCE, Calif., Nov. 3, 2015—Here's a Toyota truck made for movie fans. Using the all-new 2016
Toyota Tacoma that went on sale in September, Toyota re-created the famous 4X4 from the Back to the Future franchise to delight the fans at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
To make the 2016 Tacoma look like a modern-day version of the classic from the movie, a number of
modifications were made:
- Custom 1985 Toyota Truck Exterior Paint
- Off-road Suspension
- Toyota Racing Development (TRD) Wheels
- BFGoodrich Tires
- Custom front and rear Tubular Bumpers
- Custom Light Bar
- KC HiLites Gravity LED G46
- KC HiLites Daylighter Gravity LED
- Custom "D-4S" Fuel Injection Badging
- Custom Tailgate with Iconic "TOYOTA" Logo
- Custom Vintage Headlight and Taillight Design
- Mud Flaps 1985 Toyota Truck
The Back to the Future-inspired Tacoma can be seen November 3-6, 2015, in the Toyota display booth
(#24700) located in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center at the 2015 SEMA Show.