Watch this Mustang's rear tires explode on a dyno
Posted by 1320 Video, you can clearly see the rear tires of a Ford Mustang GT exploding during a high-speed dyno test. It's unclear exactly how fast the wheels were spinning, but 1320 Video suggests 150 miles per hour, since the explosion happened when the 'Stang reached the top of fifth gear. When the tires explode, a huge chunk of the car's rear shoots off with it. Scary stuff.
But don't just take my word for it, see for yourself in the video above. And maybe you, like me, will take a few steps back the next time you're watching a car wring out its performance on a dyno.
Ford Mustang Information
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies