Swarm of bees traps Oklahoma deputy in his patrol car
Lawton television station KSWO reports that witnesses reported seeing the bees from about half a mile away. The station says the truck's driver was treated and released from a hospital with minor injuries.
Beekeepers captured as many of the insects as they could, but crews set fire to the debris after nightfall because the bees were growing aggressive. Brian Royal of Royal Bee Supply says the fire was necessary because it was a "serious health hazard" for anyone not wearing a protective suit.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models