Vintage Toyota Celica stops in Jay Leno's Garage
Despite being considered a sales success at the time, in many parts of the country these early Celicas are gone from the roads. Even Jay remarks about not seeing one for a while. It's an attractive, little coupe, though, and the lack of a B-pillar when the windows are down gives the shape an airy, lithe appearance.
Unfortunately with a Toyota engineer sitting beside him, Jay doesn't really get to open up the Celica, but this is still a great history lesson. Although, the claim that this is the automaker's first sports car seems a little dubious since the 2000GT preceded it, albeit in comparatively minuscule numbers.
Toyota Celica Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models