Hotter Cadillac ATS-V+ could use LS7 power
The V8 in question is the high-revving, naturally aspirated 7.0-liter LS7 from the Camaro Z/28. The hand-built engine makes 505 horsepower and 481 pound-feet of torque in the Z/28 – a nice increase over the 464 hp and 445 lb-ft in the standard ATS-V, which uses a twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V6. Motor Trend says the ATS-V+ will come to market with an eight-speed automatic transmission, as well as the seven-speed manual 'box from the Corvette. A dual-clutch transmission will come to market later.
Of course, we'll believe it when we see it. But an LS7-powered ATS-V sure sounds like a great package to us. Here's hoping.
Cadillac ATS-V Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models