Furious 7 is China's top-grossing movie ever
According to Entertainment Weekly, Furious 7 has made $323 million Furious 7 since its April 12 Chinese debut, breaking the previous record of $319 million, set by Transformers: Age of Extinction. In fact, the film's Chinese box office has already surpassed its US numbers, despite debuting later in the month.
Furious 7's success goes far beyond either the US or China, though. No live-action film has crested the billion-dollar mark at the global box office so quickly. Hell, with $1.32 billion, it's beat Frozen (and all without an obnoxious Idina Menzel song). It probably won't win an Academy Award, but these record-breaking performances are sure to be a nice consolation prize.
All things considered, then, is it even really a surprise that an eighth Fast and Furious is coming?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies