Petrolicious looks back at Facel Vega
Made to eat up mile after mile of European motorway, the Facel II provided speed and sublime comfort for occupants. They were especially popular among celebrities, and Ringo Starr owned one with a rare, enlarged V8.
Even today, the big coupe's styling is wonderfully imposing with an upright grille dominated by several mesh-covered inlets, and the rest of the design flows together with crisp lines. Inside, the Frenchman welcomes passengers with comfy seats, but there are enough gauges and levers on the dashboard to resemble a vintage cockpit. This example belongs to restorer Jasper Beukenkamp; you can take a ride in his Facel II in the latest work from Petrolicious.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies