New Orleans area train blown off track in heavy storms
The sky appears black in the dashboard camera footage shot by WGNO reporter Jabari Thomas, but it's actually 10:30 AM. Thomas had just passed under the Huey P. Long bridge and was turning into a fast food restaurant to seek shelter from the storm. He parked his truck just in time to catch 11 train cars derail and tumble to the road below.
Amazingly, no one was hurt. The derailed train cars also did not contain any hazardous materials. Union Pacific Railroad is currently investigating the damage done to the railcars, the station reported.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models