Donkervoort D8 GTO bares its carbon-fiber teeth [w/video]
Similar to options offered by exotic automakers like Pagani and Bugatti, the Donkervoort D8 GTO Bare Naked Carbon Edition features visible carbon-fiber bodywork. That means hand-laying it in painstaking attention to detail so that the weave lines up just right. It's then either lacquered or (even better) coated in a matte finish, leaving it not only looking awesome but saving a few pounds off the curb weight in the process.
The company just made its first visible-weave D8 for a client in Switzerland, and is prepared to build more if customers ask for it. Whether you're one of those fortunate buyers or not, though, you can watch the build process in the video below.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models