Porsche Boxster Spyder GT4 under consideration
The new lightweight Boxster was just unveiled a few weeks back at the 2015 New York Auto Show, showing a 3.8-liter flat-six, just like the Cayman GT4. It's without a number of GT4-specific components, though.
According to Autocar, a Boxster Spyder GT4, if it were built, would benefit from the same 911 GT3-inspired adjustable front suspension, a unique rear suspension, GT3-spec brakes and a new aerodynamic kit.
"We are looking at it right now," a source within Porsche told Autocar. "Much of the engineering has already been done for the Cayman, so we think this might be a good direction for us."
Porsche Boxster Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models