Uber's curbside breathalyzer strikes us as a good idea
The concept is called Uber Safe and is as simple as a breathalyzer on the sidewalk. The company set up the special kiosk on a curb and invited people to take a straw to see if they were over the legal limit. If someone was too drunk to drive, Uber dispatched a car for a free ride home. The idea for the campaign came from the creative agency Rethink, according to Adweek.
The company has done similar safety campaigns before like when it donated a dollar to Mothers Against Drunk Driving for each ride booked on the night between New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Still, Uber Safe seems like a great high-tech evolution of that strategy and a wonderful way to keep inebriated people off the road.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models