Tanner Foust drifts in with new VW Passat [w/video]
The Top Gear USA co-host's new ride is ostensibly based on the German sedan we all know, but instead of a 1.8 turbo, a V6, a TDI or even a W8, this one packs a 7.4-liter V8. That mammoth mill sends about 700 horsepower to the rear wheels through a four-speed transmission, but will churn out a good 900 hp on nitrous.
In short, it should be better suited towards drifting than the Passat 4Motion this writer tried to slide so many times in his youth. The beast is sponsored once again by Rockstar Energy, and we're looking forward to watching Tanner use it to try and retake the titles he won in 2007 and 2008.
VW Passat Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models