Inside the Ford GT's interior
The instrument panel has a two-tier design with a floating wing. There are soft-touch materials and carbon fiber, which also is used for the passenger cell.
Still, the GT's interior has been shrouded in more mystery than the rest of the car. To cast some light on the GT's cabin, we caught up with Ford design vice president Moray Callum, who explained the ins and outs of the future icon's interior.
Put simply, "there's not a lot of excess materials," Callum said.
But what is there is pretty cool.
In case you haven't heard, Ford plans to launch the GT in 2016. It will run a mid-mounted twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox and make extensive use of carbon fiber for the body structure.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models