Apple CEO plays down shareholder question about buying Tesla
At Apple Watch Meeting, Tim Cook Keeps Things Positive
During Apple's annual shareholder meeting this week, one day after announcing details about the new Apple Watch the company plans to start selling next month, Cook ducked questions from two investors who once again urged him to buy or partner with Tesla. Apple has hired several automotive engineers but has not confirmed reports it may be working on its own electric car. "We're very focused on Car Play," Cook said, referring to Apple software used by several automakers. He said Apple has no current deal with Tesla, although he grinned and said, "I'd love Tesla to pick up CarPlay. We now have every major auto brand committing to use CarPlay."
The AP contributed to this report.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies