Tanker truck with 9K gallons of fuel crashes, catches fire
The fire broke out shortly after 11 a.m. Monday, when the truck overturned on the Route 90 on-ramp to Route 130 in Pennsauken.
Video shows the truck burning just a few hundred feet from a neighborhood. The smoke could be seen 5 miles away in downtown Philadelphia.
Firefighters are dousing the blaze with foam from across the highway.
Nearby homes are being evacuated as a precaution, and traffic is being diverted from the area.
Authorities say the driver was able to get out of the vehicle.
It's not clear what caused the truck to overturn.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models