All-new Skoda Superb leaks out ahead of schedule
For those unfamiliar, the Škoda Superb is the Czech automaker's largest model and shares its underpinnings with the Volkswagen Passat. It first hit the scene in 2001 and was replaced in 2008, but is now gearing up to enter its third generation.
The styling of the new model clearly draws on the striking VisionC concept that debuted at last year's Geneva show, but with a more traditional silhouette that typically offers more space inside than its VW counterpart but at a lower price and with a liftgate at the back instead of a conventional trunk.
The new Superb is expected to follow the same formula, offering a range of gasoline and diesel engines with a wagon version to follow. Watch this space for more information when Škoda makes it official.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies