Translogic 170: Hendo Hoverboard
Attention Marty McFly, Your Hoverboard Has Finally Arrived
This levitating wonder uses magnetic "hover engines" to repel about an inch above a conductive surface, and can support a payload of roughly 200 pounds. Not only is the technology fun and futuristic, but it could have bigger implications beyond the hoverboard. For instance, imagine a building that could achieve "seismic separation" during an earthquake to keep its structure sound and occupants safe. The engineers behind Hendo say the hoverboard is just the beginning.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies