Mahindra is making progress with the GenZe electric scooter and electric bicycles in Portland, Oregon. While no official launch date for the GenZe has been set for Portland, Mahindra is holding events and offering test drives. The GenZe 2.0 will start at $2,999, and offers over 30 miles of range per charge. Mahindra sees Portland as a good resource for technology and design partners as it pursues electric urban mobility. Read more in the interview with Mahindra's Yesim Erez at Portland Business Journal.
The California Energy Commission will award nearly $1.3 million in Zero Emission Vehicle Readiness grants. The grants will go toward three categories: Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Readiness Plan Implementation, PEV Readiness Plan Development and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Readiness. The funds will go towards projects like installation of EV chargers, permitting and inspections, developing local codes, EV promotion and creating hydrogen infrastructure plans. Each grant awarded will be worth between $50,000 and $300,000. Read more at Green Car Congress.
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercedes-Benz and BMW saw the most significant spikes in traffic on Edmunds.com after their ads ran during Super Bowl XLIX, according to a real-time analysis by the car shopping website.
By the end of the game, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT had the biggest cumulative spike in traffic, with a 2189% jump over previous Sunday averages on Edmunds.com. The BMW i3 captured the second most buzz on Edmunds.com; its cumulative traffic climbed 583%.
"Even though these two advertised vehicles are likely to be sold in small volume to niche audiences, the BMW and Mercedes brands will enjoy the overall buzz they have generated, especially as both continue their efforts to grow their overall reach into new car shopper segments," said Edmunds.com Sr. Analyst Jessica Caldwell. "Both brands will be quite happy that the millions of dollars they invested had the desired effect."
Vehicles With Largest Cumulative Traffic Increases on Edmunds.com During Super Bowl
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT 2189%
BMW i3 583%
Lexus RC 350 568%
Fiat 500x 503%
Jeep Renegade 405%
Cumulative Lifts in Site Traffic to Super Bowl Advertisers' Pages*
*Lifts determined by comparing unique mobile and desktop traffic on Edmunds.com's make and model pages against average Sunday traffic levels.
Edmunds.com also tracked the immediate traffic lifts enjoyed by Super Bowl advertisers as and after their commercials ran:
- Chevrolet sponsored the pre-game show and showed four Colorado ads; site traffic to Colorado pages increased 25% during the pregame and 1104% during the first quarter of the game
- During the third quarter of the game, Dodge Challenger ads lifted its traffic on Edmunds 232%
- Fiat 500x increased 3981% in the moments following its second quarter ads; interest remained high in the third quarter, delivering a 986% lift for the vehicle
- Jeep Renegade was advertised in the third quarter of the game and traffic to its pages immediately increased 1031%; during fourth quarter the increase was 5720%
- Kia Sorento traffic increased 213% immediately following its third quarter ad
- Lexus NX's second quarter ad generated an increase of 341%. The brand did even better immediately after its RC 350 ad ran in the third quarter, increasing vehicle's page traffic on Edmunds 5702%. The RC continued to enjoy success in the fourth quarter with a 690% lift in traffic to its pages on Edmunds.com
- MINI sponsored an early part of the pre-game show and showed five ads; site traffic to MINI Cooper increased 48% during that period
- Nissan brand consideration increased 90% immediately following its second quarter ad
- In the moments following its halftime ad, Toyota Camry site traffic increased 364%
Edmunds.com analysts noted especially strong activity at halftime for vehicles that advertised earlier during the Super Bowl:
- Fiat 500x increased 14627%
- BMW i3 increased 1807%
- BMW i8 increased 501%
- Chevrolet Colorado increased 421%
- MINI Cooper increased 258%
"All the automakers who advertised during the Super Bowl succeeded in getting the attention of car shoppers during this big game, and that's something to celebrate," added Caldwell. "But it's a lot easier to create a big bang than it is to sustain the momentum, and that will be the big challenge for all Super Bowl advertisers moving forward."
Edmunds.com's Super Bowl traffic analysis is based on unique mobile and desktop traffic to make and model pages on Edmunds.com. Lifts are determined by comparing against average Sunday traffic levels on the site. For more metrics on car shopper consideration and purchase intent on Edmunds.com, please visit the Industry Center at http://www.edmunds.com/industry-center/.
About Edmunds.com, Inc.
Car-shopping website Edmunds.com serves nearly 18 million visitors each month. With Edmunds.com Price Promise®, shoppers can get an instant, upfront price for cars and trucks currently for sale at 10,000 dealer franchises across the U.S. Car shoppers can browse not only inventory listings at Edmunds.com and on its acclaimed apps, but also comprehensive car reviews, shopping tips, photos, videos and feature stories. Named by Maritz Research as one of the most trusted online consumer review sites – and the only automotive site listed in the top ten – Edmunds.com welcomes all car-shopping questions on its free Live Help Line at 1-855-782-4711 and email@example.com, via text at ED411 and on Twitter and Facebook. Edmunds.com can also be found on YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and Flipboard. The company is based in Santa Monica and has a satellite office in downtown Detroit.