Nissan driver drifts on snowy roads during news broadcast
Stacey Bell of NBC 4 New York was doing what is known in the biz as a 'standup' on a street corner as the snow began to pile up. As she reported on the dangers of driving in the snow, the camera operator closed in on a row of cars stopped at a traffic light.
When the light turned green, one car slid across the street toward Bell, who didn't skip a beat. After stopping a few feet away from the journalist, the driver peels away. While some outlets are reporting that Bell had a close call with an out-of-control car, the driver's gleeful acceleration away from the limelight in a RWD Nissan 240SX make us side with Road and Track's opinion that the driver was simply showing off for the cameras.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies