Chevrolet gives us a Sonic for show and one for go
The Sonic Performance Concept has been fitted with the company's Performance Stage Kit, meaning cold-air induction for the 1.4-liter turbocharged engine and a new exhaust to let it breath more freely. The company tells us that the kit increases power, though it has declined to quantify that assertion, sadly. A track-tuned suspension means the performance Sonic rides lower and should corner flatter, too.
The second Sonic wears an Accessories Concept designation. The concept is essentially a test bed for appearance packages, with matte-black striping, white headlight and taillight rings, a new grille and fresh wheels. Dive deep into the world of modified hatchbacks in our gallery above.
Chevy Sonic Information
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies