Smart ED ready for high-horsepower Mustang on city drag strip
That's the tagline for a new ad for the all-electric Smart ED from Smart Canada. The scene is iconic: a couple of high-power cars at the drag strip. But they're up against the battery-powered Smart ED, which you wouldn't think would hold a candle to the overkill horsepower in the Ford Mustang, Audi A5 and Porsche Boxster. Well, maybe it doesn't, but that's why the message here is interesting.
We won't give everything away – that's what the 90-second video you can watch below is for – but we will say this ad does a good job of taking something we think we know and turning it on its head.
smart fortwo electric drive Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models