Driver of stolen Tesla involved in fiery crash dies
According to safety experts Bloomberg interviewed, the crash and the fire should have killed Flot immediately. "It looked like a non-survivable crash," said Casey Grant of the National Fire Protection Association. Bloomberg has more on how dangerous a steel pole crash can be, here.
Indeed, the pictures are astonishing, with the Model S completely destroyed and one half of the car wedged into a nearby building. Tesla spokesman Simon Sproule issued a statement that said, "We are saddened by the harm that resulted from the July 4 theft and crash. We are assisting the authorities as needed as they continue their investigations."
Tesla Model S Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models