Volkswagen Golf R Wagon is a hot hatch that hauls
This Golf takes everything I already adore about the normal R – a 300-horsepower turbo-four and a superb 4Motion all-wheel-drive system – and adds the family-and-stuff-friendly capability of the SportWagen bodystyle. Sure, this more capacious shape will likely add some heft to the R's curb weight, but I can't imagine it being anything short of hilariously good to drive.
Assuming this thing is headed for production, it's not totally likely that Volkswagen will bring the Golf R Wagon to our shores. But I can dream, right? Or, I can always hop a flight to Europe...
VW Golf R Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models