Tree Falls On Police Officer During Traffic Stop
Ford Escape meets an untimely end, but officer and driver are OK
If a tree falls during a traffic stop, do you still get a ticket?
One driver in Iowa escaped a citation after a large oak tree fell on her car -- and the officer who stopped her. Centerville police office Jeremy Veach's brush with a 30-foot oak on May 7 was caught on his dashboard camera. Veach told Fox 2 he's lucky to be alive.
"Fortunately for me and unfortunately for the owner of the vehicle, it absorbed a good portion of the impact," Veach told Fox. He escaped with a few scrapes and needed three stitches. The driver of the car received no ticket, but her car was totaled.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models