Car Catches Fire In Lion's Den


A mother and her young children faced a lose-lose situation when their car overheated and caught on fire in the middle of a lion enclosure at a Safari park.

The incident happened at Longleat Safari Park in England, ABC reported. Helen Clements took her two young kids for a day of observing wildlife from afar. When their car broke down, their first instinct was to escape the burning vehicle, but park rangers stopped them.

Instead, the rangers drove along side the distressed vehicle, allowing the family to jump into the ranger's car just as their own car was engulfed in flames.

Clements told ABC everyone was scared but safe."Why couldn't it be in the flamingos or the camels?" she told ABC. "But no, it had to be in the lion enclosure."


I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.


    • 1 Second Ago
  • Share This Photo X