Woman Missing For Years Found Mummified In Her Garage
Michigan woman last seen six years ago
A woman who disappeared from her Pontiac, Mich., neighborhood six years ago was found dead in her garage Wednesday evening.
A contractor working for a bank foreclosing on the property found the mummified body of a woman in the backseat of a gray SUV parked in the garage. Police told MLive they believe the body is the homeowner, 49-year-old Pia Davida Farrenkopf.
Judging by the mail piled up inside the house, Farrenkopf died in late 2007 or early 2008. Farrenkopf had discussed plans to move to Germany shortly before she disappeared, and all of her bills were automatically paid, so no one noticed the owner was no longer around.
Oakland County sheriffs have yet to contact the woman's family. The cause of death is still unknown.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies