Child Charged With Careless Driving After She Crashed Mom's Car Into DMV
Ten-year-old turned on the car and switched it into neutral
Police charged a ten-year-old girl with careless driving after she put her mother's SUV into neutral, causing it to careen through a Department of Motor Vehicles office window in Parker, Colo.
Two girls, aged 12 and 10, were waiting in their mom's GMC Envoy while she visited the DMV, 7News reported. The car was turned off and in park, but the keys were left in the ignition. The ten-year-old started the SUV and then switched it into neutral, which resulted in it rolling away -- ultimately into the window of the DMV.
No injuries or serious structural damage were reported.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models