Instead Of Oil Change, Walmart Crashed A Customer's Car
Walmart to provide rental car after calls from media
Walmart proves once again it's not wise to get have car maintenance done in the same place you buy flip-flops.
Misti Colson dropped her car off for an oil change last week at a Walmart in Newberry, S.C., WLTX reported. The manager called her 10 or 15 minutes later to let her know one of his employees had plowed her car through the garage bay door and smashed into the guardrail behind the store.
Colson didn't have cash for a rental car. The superstore and her insurance didn't rush to help either. Luckily, the shop she originally bought the car from offered a loaner while she waited for the discount retailer to respond. After calls from WLTX and the woman's insurance company, Walmart is now providing a rental car.
A Walmart spokesperson told AOL Autos that the company is working directly with Colson.
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Carbon-fiber crush video is epic
- Jeremy Clarkson on his way to Game of Thrones
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!