BMW i3 misses top Euro safety rating [w/videos]
Based on the crash results, the BMW provided suitable protection for occupants in the frontal, side barrier, pedestrian and child-seat tests, but the i3 was tripped up when it came to the more severe side pole test and the rear-impact test. The pole test showed protection to the chest of the test dummy was "weak," and the front seats only provided "marginal" protection against whiplash for front passengers. Scroll down to watch two videos released by the Euro NCAP of the i3 being tested.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models