Our blunt assessment of the Leaf Aero Style doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, of course. It's still, best we can tell, a Nissan Leaf through and through, which means it has the same 107 horsepower, 187 pound-feet of torque and 24-kWh battery pack as every other new Leaf. That, in turn, means it has an official range of 75 miles (though you're probably better off assuming you can get 50 or so miles per charge in the real world) and a top speed of 90 miles per hour.
The Nissan Leaf Aero Style will go on sale in Japan in December of 2013, and there's no word on whether or not it will make its way to the States. There's also no official word on whether the Aero Style is actually any more aerodynamic than the standard Leaf, one of the slipperier cars on the market. If you want to read all about Nissan's presence in Tokyo, scroll down below. If you just want to see the new body kit and wheels, check out our high-res image gallery above.
YOKOHAMA, Japan (November 8, 2013) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today released an overview of the company's exhibit at the 43rd Tokyo Motor Show 2013 to be held at Tokyo Big Sight from November 23rd through December 1st.
At the show, Nissan will reveal several new concept cars. Nissan will also present the Nissan GT-R Nismo, and reveal the upcoming Nissan DAYZ ROOX and other models. In addition, Nissan will also be exhibiting its Autonomous Drive technology, safety technology and other innovations.
Highlights of the show include:
NISSAN BladeGlider - From "driving" to "gliding" in a hyper-agile and highly efficient EV with radical swept-wing styling
The NISSAN BladeGlider concept offers drivers and passengers a new sense of glider-like driving pleasure, evoking exhilaration through its nimble handling that stems from its swept-wing form and gliding roots.
Aerodynamically-focused, NISSAN BladeGlider's narrow front track and wide, stable rear track reduces drag while generating downforce to enhance maneuverability and road-hugging performance, with high G cornering and acceleration-yet the vehicle is thrifty in its power use.
Unique center driver seat position delivers the ultimate in glider-like driving pleasure, and the triangular three-seat cabin configuration enables a shared experience of "free soaring" for all. The car's in-wheel motors provide rear-wheel propulsion with independent motor management.
Prototype of an upcoming production vehicle that demonstrates the innovation and excitement of the Nissan brand and Nissan's leadership in Zero Emissions mobility.
Broadcast quality and embeddable video of the NISSAN BladeGlider is available at:
Nissan DAYZ ROOX - Super-height wagon is second vehicle in Nissan's popular Nissan DAYZ series of minicars
- The second in the Nissan DAYZ series of minicars, Nissan DAYZ ROOX is a new super-height wagon model featuring dynamic exterior styling and a spacious-feeling, premium interior design.
- Around View Monitor, one-touch automatic sliding doors and other convenient features support daily driving.
- Rear ceiling fan, roll-up sunshades and other amenities enhance rear-seat passenger comfort and convenience.
- Green windshield glass filters out 99% of UV rays.
- The solid-looking and distinctive exterior styling suggests a spacious interior.
- Spacious interior with high-grade trim and coverings.
- A surprising amount of interior space accommodates enough space to hold a 27-inch bicycle.
- Innovative new technology includes a cost-effective battery-assist system that relieves burden on engine.
Slated for Japan market launch in early 2014.
New Teana - Premium sedan for the best times of our lives
- The Nissan Teana is a global strategic model sold in more than 120 countries and regions worldwide. Building on the Teana DNA of "Modern Living" in the first generation model and "Hospitality" in the second generation, the third generation Teana features enhanced performance for even greater driving pleasure.
- Design expresses sophistication and exhilaration, built on the concept of "Modern Living" DNA.
- Cabin supports comfort of all passengers, delivering hospitality in the Teana tradition.
- Driving performance that excites the driver with plenty of power.
- Japan market launch planned for fiscal 2013.
New Skyline: Slated for Japan release November 2013.
New X-TRAIL - Tough, all-purpose SUV with excellent driving performance, advanced technology and outstanding fuel efficiency
- With rugged performance to handle a wide variety of driving conditions, the new X-TRAIL is the tough, all-purpose SUV with best-in-segment fuel efficiency in M-size SUV with state-of-the art functions in a package that offers luggage storage convenience and excellent utility. December 2013 Japan launch.
Serena - Enhanced safety equipment, including collision avoidance support system, adopted
- Significant changes to Nissan's best-selling minivan in Japan. The Serena 5-door minivan includes collision avoidance support systems including Emergency Brake and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) as standard equipment. Serena also features a restyled exterior, from front to rear. Japan launch slated for December 2013.
Note - Enhanced safety with Emergency Brake and Emergency Assist for Pedal Misapplication
- Minor changes to Nissan's global compact hatchback provide the 2014 model year Nissan Note with enhanced safety technology, including collision avoidance support systems including Emergency Brake, Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and Emergency Assist for Pedal Misapplication. Japan launch scheduled for December 2013.
Elgrand - Updates to the 2014 model make it the ultimate king of minivans
- Significant changes to Nissan's premier minivan include a restyled exterior featuring a dynamic front face, high-quality premium interior appointments, and expanded cargo capacity. Japan launch in January 2014.
Nissan LEAF Aero Style - Special concept offers 100% electric vehicle performance in a new stylish and sporty shape
- Sporty makeover of the Nissan LEAF, the world's most popular 100% EV. Slated for Japan release December 2013.
e-NV200 - Innovative 100% electric van set to disrupt LCV market with radically new offer for customers
Nissan's second global EV. The 100% electric version of NV200 multipurpose commercial van, which features a spacious cabin and versatile application potential, with LEAF EV powertrain for advanced performance. Slated for Japan launch in fiscal year 2014.
Autonomous Drive - Nissan's breakthrough technology to be available in multiple vehicles by 2020
Nissan's autonomous driving will be achieved at realistic prices for consumers.
Nissan aiming for availability across the model range after 2020 within two vehicle generations.
Benefits: Safety; personal mobility for aged and handicapped people; reduce driving fatigue, and more.