Unlike the company's familiar AEV Jeep Wrangler builds, which are insanely capable off-road but lacking heavy load capacity, the one-of-a-kind Ram Concept pickup provides much greater cargo and towing capabilities with few concessions in terms of off-pavement sturdiness. According to AEV, the truck is geared towards the outdoorsman who wants a "complete vehicle package" that goes far beyond the traditional aftermarket "lifted truck."
A glance at the concept's specification sheet reveals a host of upgrades that include a suspension system with a three-inch lift, oversize aluminum wheels with recessed valve stems, fender flares to provide enough wheel clearance for a 40-inch tire and a custom stamped steel front bumper capable of supporting a 16,500-pound winch. Like all of AEV's modifications, it's a clean package that appears to have come right from the factory in terms of quality, fitment and styling.
The truck will debut at SEMA as a concept, but unlike many kit-based prototypes that flood the halls of the enormous show, this smart-looking Ram looks ready for production. If it gets a green light, and our hope is that it does, you will find us in line seeking keys for a full review. Feel free to read more in the press release below.
The vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Diesel
The concept: Since 1997, American Expedition Vehicles has been on the cutting edge of the 4WD industry, constantly pushing the boundaries of design and innovation. AEV recognized that there is a void in the industry for customers who require a vehicle that is very capable off-road, has exceptional handling characteristics and ride quality but also has a large cargo capacity and is able to satisfy the demands of a heavy towing. AEV felt that the Ram was the ideal vehicle platform to fill this void. The AEV Ram Concept is gear toward the outdoorsman-someone who requires a capable vehicle off-road, but still requires the larger size, higher towing capacity and increased payload of a ¾ or 1-ton pickup truck. AEV set out to achieve these goals by breaking the mold of the traditional "lifted truck" methodology and utilized their engineering and design expertise to create a complete vehicle package that includes components that are designed to work in harmony with each other in both style and functionality. The result is a great looking truck with high ground clearance, a low center of gravity and superior front end protection.
AEV Ram Front Bumper
• Industry's only stamped steel, winch compatible front bumper for the Ram
• 3/16" steel construction
• Modular design to allow customers to customize the bumper to suit their individual needs and personal style preferences
• 1/4" steel winch mount accommodates 12-16.5k winches
• Heavy duty shackle mounts
• Provisions for 6.5" integrated off-road lights
• Compatible with 2010+ Ram 1500/2500/3500/4500/5500 trucks
AEV Ram Wheel
• 17X10 Ram-specific fitment
• OE-quality, A-356 cast aluminum construction
• SAE J2530 Certified
• 3,650lbs Load Rating
• Cast-in hub cover
• Recessed valve stem
AEV 3" Ram Suspension System
• Raises the vehicle 3" in the front and 2" in the rear for a level stance
• Retains OE coil springs to maintain capability
• Optimized suspension geometry for improved handling and increased roll center
• Custom-tuned shocks to improve ride quality
• High Steer Kit to correct steering geometry and provide precision steering
AEV High Clearance Fender Flares
• Provides additional clearance for larger tires with less lift-accommodates a 40" tire with only 3 inches of lift.
• Fender Flare design integrates with and compliments the AEV Premium Front Bumper for an aggressive yet refined appearance.