Woman Hit By Two Trains While Running From Police
Driver survived crash; her Mercedes-Benz did not
A woman in Utah was hit by not one, but two trains while evading police Sunday morning. Police were responding to a disturbance at a residence when they spotted the suspect driving away. When the police hit the lights, she hit the gas, leading police on a short chase that ended with the front end of her car striking a southbound train.
As police tried to pull the woman from her crumpled vehicle another train arrived at the crossing and wrecked the rest of her Mercedes-Benz. The accident happened in the Salt Lake City suburb of Woods Cross.
Remarkably, the driver escaped with only a broken arm, according to Fox 13 reported. She will be charged with evading arrest. Other charges may follow, pending a police investigation.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
From Our Partners
You May Like
Links by Zergnet