Taiwanese taxi group orders 1,500 e6 EVs from BYD
BYD's investors include Warren Buffett and the company has been increasing e6 sales in recent years largely via taxi agreements. In 2010, the company deployed 40 e6 taxis in its hometown of Shenzhen. Last year, BYD deployed what was said to be South America's largest all-electric taxi fleet with 45 e6 taxis put into service in Bogota, Columbia. Singapore and London are among other cities that have reached agreements to have BYD supply some of their all-electric taxis. As of last fall, about 800 e6 EVs had been deployed as taxis worldwide, so the 1,500-unit Taiwanese contract is a substantial one both for BYD and the e6 EV.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models