Prison Doctor Videotaped Pulling Gun On Motorist
The road rage incident got him arrested
A prison doctor found himself on the other side of the bars after he pulled a gun during a road rage incident.
David Kollar captured video of Dr. Perrin Dobyns driving recklessly down Interstate 75 in Richmond, Ky. Dobyns was allegedly driving on the shoulder and seemed to be trying to force his way back into regular traffic. Kollar told WKYT that he was so worried someone might get hurt by the Dobyns' antics, he began recording the car so he could give the information to police. When he pulled up next to Dobyns' car he was shocked to see a handgun pointed at his face. Kollar claimed Dobyns then fired the weapon at his car.
Dobyns was arrested the day after the incident came to light while on the job at the Branchville Correction Facility in Branchville, Ind. According to WKYT he is currently being held at the Madison County Detention Center on charges of wanton endangerment.
Although there are no statistics on how many deaths can be attributed to gun violence on the road, several incidents from the past year illustrate the danger of weapons and road rage. Here are the proper steps to avoiding a confrontation with an angry driver:
- If someone is shaking their fist and making threatening gestures, the best move you can make is to pull over and let them pass, or turn off of your route to get away from the other car. The best way to avoid a fight is to leave it before it starts. If you are late to your destination, so be it.
- If someone has left their vehicle and is confronting you on foot outside of your car, lock your doors. Calm yourself and turn away. If you have your phone, dial 911 and let the confronter know that the police are coming.
-Do not retaliate against a road-rage instigator. You have no idea whether the person has a weapon. Be smart.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX