Woman, 73, Accused Of Keying Multiple Cars
Over a dozen vehicles damaged since May
Vandalism is usually attributed to youthful rebellion, but in Greenwhich, N.Y., police are dealing with an alleged 73-year-old delinquent. Janina Slomiana is accused of keying more than a dozen cars since May, damaging six just this past Sunday alone.
"It makes no sense to me," Greenwich Police Lt. Kraig Gray told CBS 2.
A neighbor called police catching Slomiana in the act of scratching a car. She's believed to have scratched 20 cars over the summer. One truck in particular suffered $6,500 in damage.
CBS 2 says police believe she used a metal screw or a hunk of metal to scratch the cars. Her motive is unclear, though neighbors say she takes walks everyday and has plenty of opportunities to damage cars.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies