Car Falls Into Sinkhole In Oklahoma City
The driver had just purchased her car a month before it fell in the hole
This story may make you think twice about driving through a puddle: A driver in Oklahoma City who thought she was just driving through some wet road ended up climbing out the back window of her car after the car fell into a sinkhole.
Carlye Lawson was driving with a friend when the car hit the hole, which Lawson said felt like a boulder hitting the car. Officials said a water main break eroded the soil under the road, causing the hole. The women escaped the car through a back window.
Lawson had just purchased her car a month ago. "It's definitely such an uneasy feeling," she told KOCO News. "Where do you go from here? What do you do? How do you get to work tomorrow?"
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Hybrids make poor financial sense for buyers
- The Grand Tour's legal fracas with Top Gear
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!