VW XL1 to carry $145,000 price tag?
The XL1 gets its name from the fact that it uses less than one liter of fuel to go 100 kilometers (using one liter would be equivalent to 235 mpg). Thus far, VW has built 50 of the slippery little things and plans on making another 200 for delivery in the spring of 2014 before ending the project. "The car is more a lighthouse than a business model," VW's Ulrich Hackenberg told Wirtschafts Woche (translated). We got to drive the XL1 earlier this year – you can read all about that here.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models