Edinburgh enacts 20-mph speed limit to encourage bike-riding
The city has already been piloting the lowered speed limit in the city's Marchmont district and found that average driving speed fell about 10 percent to 21 miles per hour (yes, folks will always break the speed limit). The speed limit there was lowered from 30 miles per hour to the lower, mule-walking-backwards pace. Of course, city officials and biking advocates praised the plan, though a spokesman for the Institute of Advanced Motorists told the publication that the plan shouldn't be extended to straight, arterial roads because any speed limits there will merely be ignored. But we already knew that.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models